I have no idea where to begin. The date of my blog is a bit skewed because I created the titled on May 18th but I didn't post until almost a week after that, after I had lost my job.
Needless to say my world has been one big roller coaster since that event in my life but God has been good in causing me to become more stable in my personal time with Him and in remembering that He is the reason behind every season!
After losing my job I think I spent the first 2-3 weeks in mourning, 2 weeks teaching swimming lessons (which makes a little money, that always helps the unemployed), and took two trips!! It was during the 2nd of these trips that I received word that my former boss died suddenly!!! It is definitely a shock. But I sucked up that thing called pride and attended the funeral upon my return from Virginia and have been in contact with my former co-workers since then.
What good would it do for me or them if I were spineless and kept my distance just because I got fired? They need love too....they need compassion just like Christ showed us compassion. So, that's what I'm trying to do.
As for my job search, it's gone slower than needed and I'll be the first to admit that I didn't go about things the right way but through dear friends and supportive family members I am getting the job done and getting my name out there. I am hoping to have some interviews soon. But until then we have a full week of swimming lessons next week and I'm thankful that I get to help with that....I haven't been able to in several years!
Forgive my lack of writing over the last 6 weeks....but the blog realm (as for as writing goes) has been the last thing on my mind lately. But now I'm back and maybe I can impart some wisdom for someone who may in the future go through what I'm currently experiencing. It is only with God's help that I've been able to survive....better than I thought I would.
2 comments:
Sorry to hear about all your troubles...but on the other hand, those are always the things that draw me closer to the Lord and so it might be the same with you. Hope this next week goes way better than you can imagine.
Talk to you later,
Rachelle
So sorry about everything, Vicki! It's so hard to trust that the Lord has GOOD reasons for doing what He does in our lives at times. Praying that He gives your grace and guidance as you pursue a whole new course...
-Rachel
Post a Comment