Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mad, mad world

The title of this post was created back on May 18th....just 3 days before my world was turned upside down, backwards, and sideways. Honestly, I feel like I have been on quite a roller coaster in the last month, really, and it wasn't until May 21st that I realized why.

I talked before about how much I try, and try some more, to read my Bible on a regular basis. It is not because I feel obligated to but rather because it's something that I know that if I don't do it then how else I can further my relationship with Christ? How else can I truly make Him my husband? How can we truly get to know our heavenly Father who cares for our every need when we know not where to turn in even our darkest hour?

It was 2 weeks ago that I realized that my priorities have been completely crooked and that God used my getting fired from my job to show me just that. So, during the last 2 weeks....I have screamed, cried, and worried more than I thought possible. However, I have felt relief, love, rest, and strength like I never knew before. My friends and family have come alongside me and made me realize that despite not having a job that life goes on and that God has a bigger plan (once again) for me than I had for myself.

So now I have more than enough time for reading His word and for doing those things that I keep putting off. Would appreciate prayers for another job though....not sure where I need to be at this point or even what I want to do but God knows and I pray that His path would be clearer than ever before.

Enough about that....on to a few pictures from my Memorial Day travels!!! Enjoy!

Can't believe I was a nanny for her 5 years ago...

Father/daughter dance was so sweet

Sweet Charlotte, daughter of my college friends, Steven and Katie

Memorial Day grilling at the lake

Picture I took of the bridge before crossing into Vicksburg (don't worry I was careful)

My friend, Calen's little girl, Sadie Macon: Isn't she precious?

No comments: