My thoughts from Wednesday morning are still a blur because it was on that day that things took place in my life and in the life of some very dear friends.
On Tuesday evenings, as many of you know, I always bunk in with my friends the Ingrams for LOST night. It comes with many a memory, many a laugh, and quite often a bottle of wine. So, we went to bed following yet another typical Tuesday night and I set my alarm for work the next morning....however, I failed to get up on time. So, I bolted out of bed and ran to the bathroom to start getting ready. (I'll spare you the details of such.) The last thing I remember was standing at the sink after having plugged the straightener in and laying the towel on the counter....the next thing I know I'm laying in the bed with April standing beside me trying to give me my seizure medicine. Oops...I've done it again. I had a seizure....as a result of what I thought was not taking my medicine the night before. Dummy!
So, here I am trying to come back to life and muttering words amid my chopped up tongue (which I might add as I write this is now black and blue in some places). However, I must admit that my thoughts are not on myself (which should be obvious by being at work the last two days) but my thoughts have been distracted...thinking on a sweet little 3-year-old named Simon who somehow ingested one of my seizure pills on Wednesday morning causing him to go into a weird fit that sent him to the hospital for the last two and a half days!!!!
While I am glad that it's just the reaction from such a medication, I still have mixed emotions about the whole thing. Needless to say, I will be extra careful with my meds around children from now on. Hopefully I can go see him tomorrow. If you want more details about how everything transpired....look up my friend April at the little house on the left blog! (I can't get the blog link to work right now. ;-( )
No comments:
Post a Comment