Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Never let him steal your joy

The time has come for me to finally put some pressing thoughts "on paper" about the events of the last week. My mind is still somewhat in a state of jello-ness and my thoughts are still not as clear as I would like for them to be but I have to express some things that I have been thinking over the last few days so that I can finally put this all behind me.

I have been going over and over in my mind every single detail of Wednesday morning (post-seizure) as best I can remember trying hard to recall just how a sweet little 3 year old may have ingested seizure medication that may have seemed like candy. I have tried to recall the steps I took to swap one whole pill for one half a pill and the possibility of dropping one of the floor in the process. I have even thought that when my dear friend, who gracious took care of me in my time of need, took two pills from that bottle that one could have escaped her hand and slipped onto the floor. I have considered both of these things to the point of disturbing my mind with grief, guilt and sorrow and I refuse to let Satan entice me with such any further.

This morning, I was meditating on Psalm 91 and remembering that Christ is our refuge especially at our darkest hour and that it is only through Him that we find forgiveness, comfort, and mercy....and the strength to move on. Last night, I had a little chat with myself and decided that I wasn't going to let this situation get the best of me any longer and that I wouldn't let Satan have his way. Why should I allow him to steal my joy when Christ is my joy??

Our sweet little Simon is safe, healthy and happy in the arms of his family and friends again and that is only through the perfect provision of our mighty King. Only through Christ can we realize that these situations remind us how fleeting life is and how precious loved ones are. We need to cherish EVERY SINGLE moment we have with our family and friends because they can be taken in a second.

This situation reminds me that God protects fools and little children too....but He also provides for us even before we ask Him to and helps us to see that He is still in control no matter how often Satan tries to attack our spiritual center.

May God help me to dig deep in His word, study His word, and love His word so that next time Satan comes knocking....I can stand ready to fight, more equipped than ever before!

1 comment:

Rachelle Jones said...

Thank you for sharing these insights...It was very helpful to me...I hope you are doing well. Are you back from trip? Please write me when you are home!
Rachelle