Monday, March 15, 2010

Stew Cookin' and beyond

Saturday and Sunday became very busy days without trying very hard. I had planned to attend this "Stew Cookin' in Alabama on Saturday hosted by my long time friends the Whatley's. If you were not used to down home, country culture, then you would have felt the culture shock from the minute you got there. So, here are the pictures I promised. I so enjoyed the trip to and from because it was spent with some dear friends, both old and new, and while I was getting a bit clostrophobic back in the corner of the suburban I enjoyed the fellowship.....and the coffee stops....and the IKEA stop on the way home. I didn't take any pictures there but it was amazing and if you've never been there you have to go at least once. It is a culture all by itself.








Yesterday we finally got to have lunch with a family from church who we've tried to fellowship with since before Christmas. And I must say the wait made the visit so much better! This is a family that we've known for 10+ years but not many of us "kids" knew each other. They have 12 kids....so needless to say it was a wild event. We arrived at their house to sit down for dinner....with all the fixings....and then their older daughter and son-in-law from New York came in....then the mom's nephew's family (who are missionaries in Taiwan) came by to say hello.....so by the end of the day we had 25 people in that house. NUTS, I tell you, NUTS! But it was wonderful and I would go back to that NUTS environment in a heartbeat. Thank you Lord for giving me an opportunity to fellowship like that over this weekend. Thank you for allowing me to learn and for me to share with other believers.

No comments: