Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Girl time in Wonderland

Yesterday I was blessed to have two opportuntites to celebrate day #27 with some of my closest girls! Ironically both outings involved Mexican food but I'm not complaining. :-)
Lunch was spent with a couple of dear friends I previously worked with at the hospital. One of them is going through some rough times with her husband and I wanted to be there and encourage her as she seeks to listen to God through this trial. It was a wonderful break from the work day but dangit, lunch hours are just all too short some times. I hope that some of the things I said to her will help during this difficult road ahead.....I know that God placed me there for a reason....if only to listen, as I seem to do so well.

Then last night I slipped back into my childhood days as I met some other girl friends to see the remake of Alice in Wonderland!!! I had an Alice in Wonderland dress growing up....even had my 5 year old portrait made in it....so it was fun to go see a remake of a movie that I loved so much. I enjoyed the movie....in some ways I guess we were expecting more from Tim Burton but on the whole I enjoyed it. Oh...did I mention that it was in 3D?? So, only fitting that we document such an occasion. Hope the pictures give you a glimpse even if our photographer would say they are grainy and such!



4 comments:

April said...

Last night was so much fun! Thanks for sending me the pictures!

Mandi said...

Fun times!

Vickie said...

Yes...it was a wonderful night with you ladies....next time bowling and beer!

April said...

agreed!