Thursday, March 18, 2010

28+29+30 = 3 happy kids, way too much food, and an average day

Tuesday nights have become a weekly tradition when I go visit my friends the Ingrams....let's see have we been doing this together for 4 years or 5 years? Regardless, I have been hanging out with them some period of time....watching LOST together and in some ways it seems like just yesterday. I mean when I think about it, it seems like we were just in church together and I had just come back from college to find these new found friends that graciously took me in. We have spent time together in their old house, my old house/their rental house, and now their new house.
In their old house, they went out of their way to make me feel at home and gave me a lovely air mattress to sleep on each week. They even took care of me when I had an unexpected seizure when I was getting ready to go to work one morning. Now that is dedication!
In my old house/their rental house, we continued the weekly tradition and at the same time they allowed me to savor some last few moments in my former bedroom. The memories made with their family in my house can never be replaced.
Now, in their new house, their home....the one we have prayed for so hard...they have graciously made provisions for me each week so that I can spend time with them and their sweet kids (well, sweet, except when Simon bites me!). LOL Well, they provide me a place to sleep as long as I bring some wine or goodies to share for the night.
So this week wasn't anything different...I got off work and headed to Cave Spring after picking up some wine and some mint chocolate chip ice cream. I thought the kids needed an early St. Patrick's Day treat! So, as soon as I pulled in the driveway, the kids who willingly call me their Aunt, come running to the door with excitement. I tell them that I've brought a surprise and their eyes light up until they find out they can't have it until after dinner. Bad Aunt, bad! It was a lovely evening as always. Here are a few pictures of the darlings:




Then last night we indulged in way too much food in honor of St. Patrick's Day. We always like to get together with our good friend Dr. Martha Shaw when we can and she has been dying to have a dip night. So, we did....complete with wine and mint chocolate chip ice cream!!!! It was a wonderful way to celebrate the day. By the way, did any of you know that some protestants wear orange on St. Patrick's day? Never knew that or knew why but now I do and am considering that for next year.





Then today, well, it was filled with an unpleasant but necessary meeting with a client who has a hearing in two weeks, an ungrateful letter from another client, and a bible study that ended earlier than normal! Oh joy! Those events and then some sum up day #30!!!

Crazy to think that today is day 30....only 10 "official" days left on this journey....I am hoping for a really good post tomorrow as I celebrate day 31 doing something for some little people in my family....I'm telling you what. You'll have to come back and find out tomorrow or some time this weekend.

Good night everybody!!!

2 comments:

April said...

We ADORE having Aunt Vickie come over every Tuesday! It wouldn't be the same without you!

Vickie said...

Aww....you are so sweet to me! You really don't have to put up with me if you don't want to.
I ADORE being the adopted aunt....it's so much fun!