Saturday, March 13, 2010

23+24=ME TIME

The last two days have been centered around my well-being. I have taken serious amounts of time reorganizing, butt-busting, and soul searching. The past two days I worked at my job like I think I've never done before. The attorney I primarily work with was gone overnight for a hearing down in South GA and I knew that I needed to get some serious work done....so, I stopped "goofing off". I don't think that I goof off at work but there has been too much temptation to surf the web when I should have finished that medical summary two weeks ago. Know what I mean? And by the grace and strength that only comes from God, I achieve my goals for those two days and feel like I'm in a different place now.

I have no time to make excuses about "I'm new and I didn't know..." because I have been in this job for 8 months!!!!! It's time for stepping it up a level. So, that's what I did. Thursday night I skipped out on bible study to stay home and read about Social Security guidelines and get them more fixed in my head.....yesterday after work I went and met a friend for coffee rather that going to the gym....it was all about taking some moments for myself and getting out of the norm. I may regret not going to gym by Monday but at least then I can start fresh even on that task.

And today....day 26....I'm taking the opportunity to travel. I'm going to a Stew Cookin' in Alabama (BBQ, etc.) and I'm excited about seeing old friends! YAH! If the weather doesn't turn out well then the group I'm going with said we may just go to IKEA in Atlanta....I can handle that too! So, be ready for some stories when I return tonight...yes, April, I will take pictures....or I will try to remember that is!

No comments: