*NOTE* Prepare for my rambling found below.... My thoughts aren't really clear today so I'm just typing what comes out. Thank you sinus headache!
Day 21 and 22 held nothing significant, from what I could tell, by way of doing for others but it did give me a chance to reflect on being at "halftime" or the half way point in this journey.
So, last night (#22) as I was getting dinner ready while everyone else was running around picking up a car from the shop, going to the gym, going to the store, taking showers, etc., I remembered that this journey never ends. Yes, I may have "started" this journey 18 days ago but in reality I've been living this journey my entire Christian life. And you think and plan to yourself saying, "How I long to continue this attitude and outlook on life in the spirit of giving to others.....the strength only comes from you Lord."
So here I am, at halftime, seeking to continue this journey I began long after the final buzzer sounds on day 40. How does one do that? Well, last night, as we were sitting around listening to a sermon that contained information regarding some issues that took place for that church family....I thought to myself that "this is the starting point....this is part of the journey too".
We have heard week after week after week that it isn't enough to go to church on Sunday hear the sermon and then not do anything else the rest of the week...so another challenge I am making to myself, as soon as I get my tax refund back, is to buy an Ipod of sorts and make a point to download sermons or lectures from other Christian leaders so that I might hear teaching all week long.....when I'm at work...when I'm at the gym....when I'm just sitting alone and want to learn more. But as I have been learning from my book about life management for the busy woman....I need to get up and seek God first through prayer and His word.
Right now I feel like I am not living out the commandments of such things. I feel I have too many tools at my fingertips to not take advantage of them. From counseling conference recordings from past years to old sermon tapes (yes, cassette tapes) to numerous books that I have started and never finished, I am wasting the tools and resources that God has blessed me with. So, I'm lifting my eyes to God as I dive in to the resources as seek to be bathed in the new things I will learn. We should not pray, read our Bible or listen to sermons because we are merely commanded but because we love to do such things....we should be so in love with Him and His word that we should seek to learn more at every spare moment. Hard to do in this busy day, huh?
Well, I'm going to try....I'm going to try hard.....and each of you are witness to this promise here and now.....please hold me accountable....even ask me what I've learning or reading! It can help keep me honest but it can sharpen each of you to have that earnest desire as well.
So how was that for rambling??
No comments:
Post a Comment