Monday, March 29, 2010

Memorization is the name of the game

** EDIT ** I had stated in the 4th paragraph that I had reached the end of Lent....not sure why my brain thought that because I know that it goes to Easter Sunday! Thanks April for correcting me even though I'm completely embarassed!

The weekend was such a jammed packed time right on the heels of my grouchy mood on Friday....that I was ready to sleep the day away today. Or at least I assume that is what I was dreaming about when I woke up about an hour late this morning. I made it work with 6 minutes to spar (surprise) after taking 30 minutes to shower, dry my hair, and get my lunch (and my coffee) before running out the door!!! Needless to say my day/week hasn't started off so well.

However, details from the weekend are as follows:
Saturday - get up, get ready, and meet a friend to get our nails done (she ended up canceling on me, BOO!) then it was work from 10-2 as a counselor at the pregnancy center, then to the grocery store....then to Cedartown for our monthly dinner/bridge night with our dear friends the Polley's. (We were celebrating 3 of their kids, who aren't kids anymore, birthdays....so there was quite a lot of food!) Didn't get home until 11ish.

Sunday - Day 40 finally arrived and we worshiped with our dear church family then went to a family's house for lunch....left there about 4:45pm, dropped Margaret off at my grandmother's, then arrived home about 7:15pm!! I might also mention that amid this schedule I didn't get my Sunday afternoon nap....double BOO!!! Went to bed around 10:30.

So, I've reached the end of my 40 days of purpose and am still learning much about this season....as well as much about my own personal walk with the Lord and how it shouldn't be neglected! Yes, we should seek to do for others...as we would have them do for us....but at this point in my life I realized that I need to focus on my Christian walk so that my daily walk with Him will be a light to others. This is not easy to do...there seems to always be some reason or something going on that keeps me from having my daily time with the Lord...especially if I'm too lazy to get out of bed.

From this point, I purpose to live a life that centers on Christ and His word and purpose to memorize more Scripture so that I can pull out those weapons when I endure a trial or have someone who needs those words. This is not an easy task but I'm going to try.....I want to start with Psalm 91 and Romans 8....we'll see how far I get over the next few weeks. Please pray for me as I strive to do this and pray that God will give each of you a heart to memorize His word more regularly.

Hope the Lenten season is as much a blessing in your life as it was in mine!

2 comments:

April said...

The end of Lent? You got 5 days left to go missy! Can't wait to hang out tonight!

Vickie said...

Oh my...you are right...I forgot that Sundays are not included!

So, 5 days to continue my journey of purpose, right?

See you tonight!