Saturday, March 6, 2010

18 and counting....

...and my feet feel like they are about to fall off. HELP!!!!

The 6 mile "hike" really wasn't that bad considering is was pretty much all flat terrain through the woods.....but when I got through was when I realized that my feet were going to be screaming at me later. So, I came straight back to the house (after running a few errands) and soaked in the bath with a glass of wine....then took a shower....and then my feet said, "have we stopped walking yet?" LOL My feet feel so heavy even now but it was a great afternoon.

It took us 2 hours to do the 6 miles...with a 5 minute break....and I felt really good when we got done. I mean I wasn't really tired except my feet. And it felt great to take advantage of the outdoors on this beautiful sunny day that was comfortable rather than cold.....Hello, spring!!!!

I enjoyed God's creation and enjoyed being with some wonderful friends....we laughed quite a bit...so, I wasn't without my ab workout. Perhaps I'll go back and do that trail again....but maybe it will be awhile!

2 comments:

April said...

soooo...where are the pictures? Oh come on, who goes out into nature without the camera?

Vickie said...

I knew you would probably comment on that. Sadly, about as soon as I left my camera in the car I was wishing I had brought it with me....but I didn't have any pockets and didn't want to be annoyed with it (was my original thought). Next time...next time!