....so naturally that I wasn't even able to really think about what was coming next. Let me set the scene for you.
Last night I met a friend, whom I've known many years, for a drink and munchies at Chili's. I arrived to find what seemed like all of Rome had gotten some sort of memo that everyone needed to eat there last night. I thought it weird but proceeded in to gain the last two seats at the bar. This worked out well because she knew both of the bartenders and a couple of the waiters so we were in the good when the bills came calling at the end of the night.
As we started talking about her pending decision to leave Rome and the bad company she keeps, I was amazed at how I went from feeling dumb earlier in the day for not drawing closer to the Word and my counseling books for strength in this meeting to sitting their not even thinking about the words coming out of my mouth. Thank you Holy Spirit for working through me. While I left there, still feeling torn and confused over information I'd heard from her and from our close friends about her, I felt at peace that God was doing a bigger work than anyone could fathom or have control over. Maybe she isn't being completely honest with herself over why she won't move to Kentucky over Hawaii but maybe she is genuine over why she is making the choices she is with regards to the company she keeps.
I know that most of what I just said may not make sense to anyone but me but I know that God is going to do something big in her life and I am so thankful to have been apart of that last night.....sitting at a bar....with people standing all around me....having to yell to be heard....but all the while talking about Christ like no one else was in the room. What a beautiful picture of not being ashamed of the gospel!
Stay tuned....this afternoon I'm going on a 6 mile hike at Berry College....never done that before....but I'll be blogging tonight when I get back and be sure that there will be a glass of wine in my hand both while I blog and while I take a relaxing bath afterwards! I will need all of the above!
1 comment:
Good luck on your hike! I am glad to you had such a fulfilling experience with your friend! You are always good to have around when I need some preaching too, and I always appreciate your honesty :-)
Post a Comment