Funny that April already posted about the sunny days we experienced this weekend as I have been thinking about blogging about such. The last two days were beautiful days of sunshine that truly did my soul good. Although a good portion of those days were spent inside, I was so refreshed just to see the sunshine.
#4 - Ironic story: I have told many people about my habit with hitting the snooze button (it's very sad, actually) but Saturday morning (when I would normally sleep in a little) I found myself wide awake at 7:30am. I was scheduled to go and work at the Crisis Pregnancy Center at 10am and had set my clock for 8 or 8:15. But at 7:30am when the sun was shining in my window, I do believe that I heard a voice say, "It's time for you to get up now", "It's time for you to get up and spend time with me." WHOA! I was blown away at how easily I got up, grabbed my coffee, and began reading the Word. Normally I would not get up so easily. Most days I set my alarm 30 minutes early so I can hit the snooze and then get up in just enough time to get ready and the two things I neglect the most are breakfast and my Bible. Those are the two things that everyone needs most! But Saturday God was clearly paving the way for me to spend quality time with Him. After working at the pregnancy center, I came home and became helper to Stewart as he used the dogs to torture the cats. These pictures were taken while the cat sat in the tree waiting for her enemy to look the other way.
#5 - Sunday bliss: Yesterday I was in a rare mood....the sermon/church was wonderful, we went and had lunch at my Grandmother's, and then on the way home I slept a bit. So, by the time I got home I had decided to go without my Sunday nap...shocking, yes I know.....but I just wasn't all that tired. So, I curled up in my bed and played Suduko for about an hour before getting up to start dinner. I had been craving pancakes all week (probably because of Fat Tuesday) and so last night I mixed some up. I ground the buckwheat, mixed my ingredients, and then realized I need 3 more eggs....that's what neighbors are for! The pancakes turned out well and everyone was happy. But then last night we sat down for a family chat....which sadly I dread most of the time. However, this time was different....my mom had things on her heart she wanted to share and I was eager to hear them. By the end of the night I was in my room, crying and my mom and sister were crowded around me. Just one of those situations where I was trying to point out something in the conversation and was met with resistance so I guess you could say I had a small pitty party. Although it was spent over analyizing things to the point that I got upset and the issues/attitudes I was trying to point out/help were hardly addressed by my parents. Made me feel like a nut job....and after I calmed down enough to go to sleep I tried to rest in the thought that God had this too under control. This morning I looked like I had a bad case of allergies but I'm slowing getting into my day/week and look forward to how God is going to use last night for my good as well as my family.
I have been reading through Psalm 119 and this morning when I came across verse 93 it became confirmation that reading the Word and trusting God with everything is the only this that can give life....not men.
"I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have given me life." Ps. 119:93
2 comments:
I hate family chats too. Well, since the kids aren't old enough to contribute much, it's usually between the boss and myself and it always ends with me in tears! But I like to think that every time that happens, I learn a little more about him and a little more about myself and even though it feels like two steps forward and one and a half steps back, it's still moving forward. I hope you have a great week!
Totally understand.....maybe you can fill me in more tomorrow. I have been worried about you.
Post a Comment