One thing I have talked quite openly about lately is the lack of reading my Bible on a daily basis. I'm sure you have been getting tired of me repeating myself but it is something that weighs very heavy on my heart. So, I started reading the book by Elizabeth George called "Life Management for Busy Women" last week and I must say it has caused me to re-think my "I'm not a morning person" attitude. In the book, she stresses three things by way of establishing a regular reading time: time, first time, and early time. So, I've tried to take those things to heart as much as possible and Sunday night and I had committed to give up the use my snooze button. *gasp*
*Enter day #6* Monday morning arrived and I did better than I expected but I still did good to make it to work on time. Yesterday was pretty uneventful by way of doing things for others.....except for a client I met with yesterday morning. This man has been a client for awhile, first with workers' compensation and now social security. So, he came in to finish completing his application (long story that I really shouldn't go into) and as we worked together to get the task done I realized something very valuable for my job. Here was a man who had lost his father-in-law on Sunday but yet he kept his appointment with us anyway. Why? I told him if I had been in his shoes I would have probably canceled. He looked at me and said that he had several appointments this week and couldn't afford to cancel. So, that became a glimpse that I was his last hope. He was relying on me to see this application through and that meant sacrificing precious time with his family during this difficult time. It practically broke my heart. :-(
Here we are at #7 and I don't even know really. I started the day almost late for work, AGAIN, and didn't even get to really read my Bible much today. I know, I know....30 lashes needed. But honestly I don't feel like I did anything today that is worth noting....except it's Tuesday and it's my night to spend with the Ingram's, which I love. So, I guess today goes to show that all days can't have special or obvious things in them that contribute to this 40 days of purpose but God has given me purpose just by waking me up this morning. Make sense? Or should I say, in the words of April, I saved her by playing with her kids while her hubby went to play basketball. :-) That doesn't really count has "work" but I'll take it.
1 comment:
What a sad realization about the man applying for SS! I am sure you were helpful and compassionate toward him.
I am enjoying reading your 40 days of purpose. :-)
Post a Comment