Perhaps by the end of these 40 days I will have learned how not to post in bulk! :-) But for now you are going to have to deal with it. LOL
Wednesday was the day I gave my listening skills to someone in my office. While she probably isn't the best influence on me, as she lives a life that does not reflect the "Christian life" she professes. I have to be careful how much time I spend letting her just ramble on about life but that day was different as I felt she just needed someone to listen...even I didn't have much parenting advise to give. So what if the little advise I did give she didn't seem to agree with.....the fact that I offered sound counsel in her time of need was the important part.
Thursday was our annual banquet for the crisis pregnancy center and I feel it was a blessing for everyone there. I had dear friends that were asked to be the "entertainment" this year and they did a few praise and worship songs. I'm not usually a fan of such songs but those girls have such a sweet witness that I knew they weren't doing it for the show. Over the last week I had been feeling like I needed to be doing more for the center and the banquet is the yearly fundraiser so I decided that I'm going to become a monthly supporter. Some would think that anyone who counsels there probably already does that but I haven't been and I feel bad for such. I look forward to supporting the ministry in bigger way and pray that my money can be used even if it's small.
Friday was just another day in which I went to work but then a friend went to the hospital to have a baby. So, I made myself available if she needed someone to come sit with her or watch her kids or make the family dinner (which we are tonight). There is something rewarding and edgy about knowing that someone could call you at any second to come fulfill that duty. Last year I ended up going and staying with her kids during the night while she had her last child. So, it wouldn't have been foreign to do that this time. I just enjoy being able to help anyone.
Today....well, I guess we are giving of ourselves today by fixing that meal I mentioned....even if my mom did most of the work.
Perhaps my posts will be more interesting next week....these just seem so insignificant....
2 comments:
Did Mindy have her baby? I hope mother and child are both doing well.
Sometimes people just need to talk, and it is wonderful to have someone to listen. Even if you feel like you didn't help much, it builds a stronger bond of trust between you, and the time will come when you can be a great influence.
Yes Mindy did have that precious little boy....I'm hoping to go see them today some time.
Thanks for your encouragement Mandi!
Post a Comment