Wednesday, February 17, 2010

40 Days of Purpose - Day #1

Whatever you have chosen to do during this Lenten season, I pray it blesses you as it has already blessed me. It is amazing how good you feel when you do for others.
So, today I embraced the idea of giving to instead of giving up with both hands and my check card.....but it turned out okay. The way I figure the money we are blessed with in this life isn't really ours, right? Everything we have comes from God who graciously takes care of our every need and so the money He gives me is money that I must not only be a good steward of but use to bless others when the opportunity arises.
Following a wonderful cranberry pecan chicken salad sandwich and delightful conversation with my friend Emily over lunch today, I approached the counter to pay in quite a hurry as I was already late for work and without really thinking about it said, "Put all of it one check, please". Now, she agreed with the stipulation that she leave the tip and we were both happy as a result.
God has blessed me with a little spare cash but I think I'm going to try and figure some things that are thoughtful but require a minimum of 0.44. :-)

So, one day down 39 and beyond to go......

No comments: