Friday, January 15, 2010

Be it resolved

I have been mulling over some resolutions for a few weeks now but cannot seem to find enough free time to put them "on paper". Perhaps this weekend when I am fulfilling part of one of the below mentioned resolutions, I will indeed find a way to sit and write out this whole thing (and create a picture montage of the 2009 holiday season). That's a pretty tall order to follow....we'll see.

The above paragraph was written on Friday evening.....and with good intentions of laying out my "resolutions" for the upcoming year, along with that video montage I mentioned (which I will do at some point but not in this post).....but I have had a revelation. Perhaps it was due to a conversation with a new found friend at church....or due to having quite a bit of time on my hands this past weekend to rest and think about my life while I was lying in bed feeling like I was dying (I'll explain that part in a second).....or simply because God has pricked my heart once more, YET AGAIN, to do the simple things He asks of each of us.

So....here it is Friday again and after a week of tweaking this post, I decided to change my blog up a little bit (thanks to thecutestblogontheblock.com) and leave you with a few thoughts for the year ahead.

1. Join in the journey to put Christ first...every day....before you work or play. I have become a happier person and, while I'm still stressed to the max with work, I seem to not worry about things so much. We are commanded to come before Him in prayer and get to know Him and His attributes through the reading of His word....on a daily basis. This is something I struggle with but if what they say is true then in 17 days from now I will be ready for my new habit.

2. Find something that gives you a means of relaxing or escaping from the every day chores of life. For me I started on a 30-day Shred exercise challenge back at the beginning of December and I must say Jillian Michaels and I now have a love/hate relationship but it got me over the hurdle of being dedicated to my health and well-being. So, here I am 2 inches smaller and 10-12 lbs lighter and I'm ready to continue my work outs into the new year. But I have also decided that I'm going to take up reading and/or cross-stitch again.....something that I can do after work before bed so that I don't dwell on the day or what the next day brings.

3. Be flexible - this is something I learned in many ways growing up but mainly through things in high school that focused on getting outside the comfort zone by being flexible. So, I feel I have become a flexible person who can keep a packed bag in the car for almost a week waiting on the housesitting call or the person who can drop what they are doing to help a friend in need. The part I struggle with is when I block time (especially with family) to complete a project and the other person doesn't seem as dedicated to the task as I am.....don't ask me to help and then drag your feet on making sure we have the things we need to get the job done. I mean how rude!!

4. Never take one single thing you have in life for granted - remember to say I love you - always say thank you (FOR EVERYTHING). (Was that a random #4 or what?)

So, I will post pictures and some bonus videos from the holidays and my trip to New Mexico but just continue to be patient because a computer isn't always what I want to sit down to when I get home from a long day in front of a computer. Thanks to the faithful few who still read my thoughts around here.....y'all are the best.

Oh and please find time to continue to pray today (on this the anniversary of Roe v. Wade) and every day that many more would come to understand the horrible sin of abortion and that many would volunteer at local pregnancy centers or donate to such so that we can help stop such an act. The Rome Pregnancy Banquet is coming up at the end of February....if anyone wants to attend, let me know (the tickets are free but I would need to reserve you a spot).

No comments: