Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Beginning of the End

Today marks the beginning of the end in many ways for this blog. I watched Julie and Julia last night (which I absolutely loved, by the way, with a few exceptions) and a comment was made about her needing to be careful what she blogged for the sake of her employment. So, I completely clued into that and took it to heart in light my last post (which I have considered removing altogether). You never know who could stumble across your blog, your Facebook, or any other social network site you may have and for that reason it is best to use caution at every turn. If you disagree with me, please speak up. Advise never hurt anyone.
I have never been the type to turn away friends from my Facebook and the like when they want to be my "friend" but maybe I should start being more selective like a friend does with her older family members. Maybe it's a line that shouldn't be crossed.....maybe it's something that you shouldn't let them into for the sake of your work environment. Or maybe I should grow some thick skin, take my own advice and not worry about what other people think of me. Or maybe I should remember the words of Prov. 31:26 "She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue."??
I guess I'm feeling conflicted right now because I do see my blog as a means of venting and expressing how I feel but is it worth doing so to the point that I cause others to stumble or grumble in return. I want to focus more on having a tongue of wisdom and kindness as well as acts of kindness towards others in my life. For example, yesterday I took lunch to a friend who is expecting a baby next week and I felt so good doing it. Not because I expected anything in return but because I knew that I was helping another sister in Christ during a time when she needed someone to share a smile with her. It's the little things (as a friend's blog is titled) that matter and it's the little things that make up our crown.

Speaking of the beginning of the end.....I can hardly contain myself today because tonight is the final season premiere of LOST. We have the potential, as LOST fans, to get some questions answered and to see this journey come to an end. I think I might cry some tears of joy that the end is finally coming round. I still remember the first episode, sitting in my college dorm room with my roommmate, Rachel, when we got hooked and from there we hooked many friends! Now I watch it every week with my good friends, the Ingrams, and when the show comes to an end it will feel like my world is ending....but I know those friends will still be there. I guess we'll have to find something else to do....like we for the last 8-9 months since the end of last season, right Ape?

Well, back to my so very distracting day....I'm praying that I will get much work done despite the anticipation of tonight's event!!!!

No comments: