Friday, November 13, 2009

Of birthdays, holidays, trips, and Christmas in a Cup!

It's approaching that time of year my friends. I absolutely love the holidays!!! I love peppermint, gingerbread cookies, baking just for baking, and planning holiday menus. I used to give my brother a hard time every year for whistling or singing Christmas songs before Halloween or Thanksgiving had even occurred but I had to confess to him last night I had been listening to Christmas tunes for over two weeks now. :-) I am just in the mood of ready to do this stuff.

I wanted to treat myself for my birthday and fly up to Indiana to visit my best friend over Thanksgiving but I piddled around and missed out on the low prices so now unless I want to pay $350 for a plane ticket I can't go. It shouldn't be about the money but it kind of is.....I mean I'm trying to save and save and save.....thus not being able to just splurge on hefty priced tickets.

So, this time next week I will be 27.....I can't believe it some form but at the same time I don't really feel any different than this time last year. Same person, different year, different place in my life. Yes, I've had some amazing opportunities come along in the last year but I've also had some things drift out of my life too. God is good though......He always knows exactly what I need and when I need it.

Today I posted a status that went something like "patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue....perhaps some ruby slippers would help". It seems like I'm always having to try and be patient with something or someone in my life but all the while I'm reminding myself that God knows what He is doing and whatever the outcome I will thank Him for who He is and what He has allowed me to have or not have.

Perhaps I could use some ruby slippers for my birthday......or perhaps some of the following which have been on my mind lately:

Peach Schnapps (just over ice, please)
Peppermint Schnapps (thanks to Laura who introduced me to Christmas in a Cup that I'm dying to try soon.....mixed with hot chocolate)
Bailey's Irish Creme (that makes my coffee extra yummy)

Or perhaps the non-alcoholic things such as:

a day off (with pay)
a manicure, pedicure or makeover (every girl wants to be pampered once in awhile)
a new cell phone (with all the perks)
an ipod (with only the greatest hits from ages past)

So....here's to the holiday season and all the joy it brings.....may your hearts be merry and the gift of giving be upon you and yours!

5 comments:

April said...

I hope you are able to swing the ticket price to go visit your BFF, it would do you good to get away and spend time with her!


I am ready for the holidays too! I have been listening to Christmas music for weeks!

Can't wait till your birthday party! SO much fun!

Jess said...

Party?!?! A Birthday party?!?!! That sounds like fun!!! Happy early birthday, I hope you have a GREAT day and a GREAT party!!!

Vickie said...

Jess...yes I'm having a small party...not a big deal really. Perhaps we can plan another girls' night soon so I can really have a GREAT birthday! Interested?

Constance said...

Wow! Just two weeks?! I've been singing and listening to Christmas music since the end of september! lol!

I hope you are able to get up to see your friend and hopefully you will at least get some of the things you want... hopefully a few of those acoholic ones!

Rachel said...

Enjoy all the holiday cheer for me! I feel like a girl out of time here in Brazil where it´s 98 degrees all the time and no sign of Christmas or a single leaf turning...