I am really wishing that I could accompany this post with a few pictures but I will have to dedicate one of my next posts with just pictures so y'all can fully understand all that has been going on lately!
Over the weekend I had some occasions of laughter, fun, and a spot of alarm all in one. This was one of several weekends in a row where I've had something going on and while I'm looking forward to some down town soon I didn't mind all the goings-on this weekend.
Friday night I had a good ol' fashioned "reunion" with some homeschooling buddies. I won't say from how long ago because that makes me feel old. However, it was a fun night. We met at Jefferson's for dinner and then strolled up to the Desoto Theatre to watch another fellow homeschooler in Steel Magnolias. I was afraid that it might not be the best thing to do for a mixed group but the guys seem to enjoy themselves so I think it turned out alright. I ended up planning the whole evening so I had bought tickets earlier in the week for those that were going to come. However, we had two people that didn't show up so I'm sitting on two tickets that I haven't been reimbursed for......I'm not complaining but it takes things like this to make me not want to plan anything.....EVER AGAIN! But when the ringleader of the reunion idea stops planning that's when I jumped into action. Next time....well, we'll see about next time.
Saturday I helped out with a dog show all day in Marietta and it was a long day after 4 hours of sleep but it was fun. I took several pictures....especially of the costume contest at the end of the day....but I was wishing my other lens had been working so I could get closer shots. Oh well.....you'll have to be satisfied with the pictures I did take.
So, we are coming home Saturday evening.....where my dad has been all day so someone could take care of the pets.....and Stewart and I call to check on him. He informs us that he fell earlier. Apparently he was going outside to investigate a cat fight and our dog, Buzz, followed him out the door. He was trying to push him back inside when he somehow tripped on the little ledge at the front door.....and landed flat on his face. So, now he has a red nose that is scratched and match his scratched glasses. He said there was a lot of blood but he didn't break his nose like I thought. So, after resting all day yesterday (not even going to church, which is rare for him) and a good warm bath, he seems to be doing better. Thank goodness our neighbor was home when he called so that he had some tender loving care and someone to check him out and determine the next stage of care (which wasn't needed). Good neighbors are hard to find.....especially ones that happen to be the wife of a doctor! LOL!
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend! I hate planning things too, because that kind of thing always happens to me.
I'm glad your dad is alright. That sounds painful. :-(
LOVE from me to you.. :)
Post a Comment