Thursday, October 22, 2009

Almost a month of silence.....

.....or should I say chaos! I have felt in a constant whirlwind for several weeks now and will be glad when I have a chance to get off this ride and rest. My life is full of 40+ hour work weeks, the challenge of staying in the workout game to keep my energy level up, and various emails, texts and blog posts that keep me sane. If it were not for my friends close by (and those newly discovered afar off), I might have checked out a long time ago. It is because of these friends that I look forward to a new day, a new email, and a new blog post. It is a reminder that I'm not in this crazy world alone.

Since I wrote to you last, I have been able to rejoice with those who have married, learned of the new life they are carrying, and sorrowed for those who have had family members pass on before them. All of these events are reminders that we are all in different stages of life and each stage is another opportunity to thank God for what He gives....and what He takes away. It is hard to understand God's ultimate plan some times but we can reassure that it is all for our good and His glory.

The little situation that I briefly mentioned before still remains totally new and surreal. However, it also brings a certain level of smiling and pondering that I've yet to know. God is blessing, as He always does, and I will let you in on this part of my life one day soon.

2 comments:

April said...

Vickie blogged! So much fun!

Mandi said...

Woohoo! I hope the work part of your life slows down soon and that everything else progresses beautifully. :-)