Wednesday, September 30, 2009

High points

I don't really have time to write a really good post today so I'll just give my life from the last few days in bullet point form:

FRIDAY:

--Helped my dear friend (and second Mom, Ms. K) with flowers for a wedding until at least midnight....it was my first time really helping with such and I was thrilled to have the chance....the Lord graciously provided that half of the money I earned from this task be used to pay the lock and key guy the following morning when I locked my keys in my car at the church. Oh well!

SATURDAY:

-- Rain, rain and more rain! Yes, I weathered the rain to take advantage of a free ticket that my sister and brother-in-law offered me to the UGA game. It rained practically the whole game but we stuck in out in our UGA ponchos to witness the DAWGS winning in the last 2 seconds of the game. It was a fun trip despite everything.

SUNDAY:

-- After staying with my friend, Katie, in Athens on Saturday night, she and I headed out Sunday morning for church which was a wonderful service as always. Then it was back home to a memorial service for a dear family friend.....she will forever be missed, that is until we see her again in heaven one day!

THIS WEEK SO FAR:

-- I am rejoicing for friends who have bought a house.....but a little sad that my childhood home could be sold one day soon. God grant me the grace to accept this and move forward to making our current home just as special as our last. I am thankful for the memories that were made on Jule Peek Avenue by many....and thankful that the memories currently being made, recurrent of my childhood, have made that home all the more special in my heart!

-- I bought a full size bed frame last week so Monday I started the hunt for a mattress and sheets.....I wanted to buy a mattress locally in Cedartown but they are currently sold out. So, I tried an outlet place and I'm pleased with what I found but a decision is yet to be made! Anything anyone might want to offer by way of suggestions.....feel free. I don't want cheap sheets either but nice sheets are hard to find....or maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Well.....my life is...well....it is. I have things to tell but they are things that are in the works so I must keep them under my hat for now. I just ask for your prayers as God is working a great good at this time.

4 comments:

April said...

I am so glad you had fun at the game on Saturday despite the yucky weather! Last weeks miserable rain has made this weeks beautiful crisp fall weather seem even more wonderful!

Always praying for you, love you! See ya tonight!

Vickie said...

It did bring some nippy weather....but I'm loving it. Well, at least when I'm not being frozen to death in my office. My boss is hot-natured....oh joy, it's going to be a long winter!

Anonymous said...

Sheets -- go to QVC's website and check out their Northern Nights sheet. They're not "cheap" but they are definitely worth it! And of course there's always Egyptian cotton!

Mandi said...

If you can hold out until the Friday after Thanksgiving, department stores almost always run great early morning specials on bedding. I love nice sheets, too.
Sounds like you had an exciting weekend. You have GOT to stop locking your keys in your car, girlie!
I hope the "other stuff" in your life is continuing to progress nicely. I'm very excited for you. :-)