Saturday, August 22, 2009

What a whirlwind.....plus no power

I guess my post should do a rewind back to Tuesday evening....so here it goes. (I give you the LONG post warning.)

Ever have those nights when you are sitting at home enjoying a movie or a good book and thinking "I should take advantage of this relaxing night and go to bed early"? Well, that was Tuesday night for me....until the phone rang. Who would be on the other end but my mother. She had been having some car trouble and was trying to get our 13 year old van (with 371, 000 miles) home from Smyrna....but she was unsure if she could make it all the way. So, she was asking if I could meet her in Cartersville. Ugh....I became depressed but remembered that it was an opportunity to give something back to someone who gives to me every day....that sounds so sweet, doesn't it? LOL

So, here I go off to Cartersville at 11pm....only to get there and receive a call that the battery at died and she was stranded on the side of the road....just past Barrett Parkway! Needless to say, I didn't get home until 1:00am!! And I've been playing catch up all week.

Then yesterday was the beginning of that time of the month and cramps came knocking and lasted all day and into the night. The day wasn't that bad considering the Lord allowed someone to invent those disposable heat packs but last night when the storm hit and I lost power I was wishing I had one because I couldn't access a heating pad. I was miserable.....alone....in the dark....with my wine....candlelight.....Miss Kitty's dog.....writing a letter to a friend in jail.....and making more of the noises in the house than I should. So, by midnight I finally went to bed after calling Georgia Power and receiving the automated message that power would be restored at 11:30am on 8/22/09!!!!! I really thought I had miss heard them but after calling again I got the same message.....so I gave up and went to bed. But at 2am I was awakened by the light in my eyes. I quickly went around the house turning off all the lights, felt the calm come back over me and rested peacefully until 10am this morning.

Now it's just me...COFFEE....my blog....the refreshing smell outside after it rains....and the anticipation of tonight's date with my brother!!!! We are going to Sean Hannity's Freedom Concert in Atlanta. I am so excited!! We will take off about 2, grab some romantic Burger King for us and our grandmother and then hit Gwinnett Center by 6 for the concert at 7!!!! Let Freedom Ring!!!!

Well, I leave you with a few pictures from the last month or so.....Mississippi Mud Cake and the like....enjoy!


I have lunch with these guys occasionally.


MISSISSIPPI MUD CAKE - WARNING: it calls for 1 lb of powdered sugar for the drizzle on top, I only used half of that! It was still deadly delicious!



The chapel at the Botanical Gardens in Athens...couldn't go inside because of the wedding in progress.


Margaret and our weekend hostess, Katie!


The parking ticket I got in downtown Athens!


**April - can I have that lesson in enlarging my pictures?? Love you!

3 comments:

April said...

I can show you how to enlarge your pictures, but it's too complicated to tell you in a comment :-)

I am so sorry about the power being out! That stinks! I hope they fix it soon. Be careful and have a great time this evening!

Vickie said...

The power came back on at 2am this morning! So I'm a happier camper today!
I'll be looking for a picture lesson on Wednesday!

Mandi said...

It's good that you were already on the way since your mom was stranded on the side of the road. You are a wonderful daughter.
I think I would freak out if I were alone in someone else's house and the power went off. I would have been out of there!