As some of you have already seen, my Facebook status now testifies to the fact that yes, Margaret and I did indeed go to Six Flags on Saturday but we got there by way of locking my keys in my car prior to going into the park. :-(
I should preface the details by saying that this was the 3rd time this year that I have locked my keys in my car. Luckily the first two times I was only 10 minutes from my house and the most recent time was just over 3 weeks ago. :-(
Anywho, I was rather upset with myself for being in such a hurry when I locked the car and not remembering that my keys were still dangling from the ignition. LOL I mean how stupid can one person be. I think I would have been reminded if there weren't pulled just far enough out that the little beeping noise wasn't being made.
So, Margaret and I were awaiting our friend Ben to arrive at the Wendy's (there outside Six Flags) and he was running late but by the time he showed up I had just gotten through to someone with Progressive insurance to get them to send someone to unlock my car. So....an hour later Mr. Locksmith shows and the unlocking process took 5 seconds or less. The cost??? Nothing at the time of service.....it is apparently covered under my roadside assistance plan. We will see how that works out when I am due for renewal.
Our day was filled with fun, humorous people in the lines in front of us (including a girl...I mean guy....I mean a guy trying to become a girl...complete with hair extensions, french manicure, padding and a deep voice. SCARY!), and lots of time in line in the hot sun. Thank the Lord for sunscreen because this fair haired child would have been baked by the end of the day.
After we finished at the park, Margaret and I took our tired bodies to meet up with friends from B'ham at the ESPN zone. It was a really cool place but due to be exhausted and our not-so-attentive waitress we ran out of time to take part in the 2nd floor game room. :-( Maybe next time....that would be a cool outing for anyone interested in getting out of Cedartown, Rome and the surrounding areas.....Buckhead!
Anywho....back to work.....I will write more tonight....I have lots to say today.
3 comments:
I'm sorry you locked your keys in the car. That is always crappy.
Despite the heat and crowds, I *love* Six Flags. I bought a season pass to Six Flags in the spring and haven't even used it yet! I guess I bought it before I decided to go back to school. Bonnie and I plan to squeeze in a trip if at all possible before her Read-to-Succeed ticket expires.
Too bad I'm not off on Fridays anymore or I would say we should plan a Friday and go. Margaret and I love Six Flags too. I also have a season pass and will probably go at least 2 more times this year if not more.
duh, I missed this yesterday. YEAH FOR SIX FLAGS even though I hate that wretched place.
Post a Comment