Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I asked for this challenge?

Yes I do recall asking for something like that. "Thank you Lord for providing for my needs and desires....even if I feel like I'm drowning in the midst of them." :-\

My new job is wearing me out. I have cried more in the last few weeks than I have in my life (or at least it seems that way). Last night it was all I could do to stop crying in order to go to bed...I was pretty pitiful and poor Stewart was witness to the whole thing. But he was very good in reminding me that my focus should not be on the things that are imperfect and "going wrong" but the only true and perfect thing in our lives is our heavenly Father who seeks to spend time with us each day. I'm afraid at the ripe old age of 26 I have yet to develop a daily time to spend in His presence but my good brother was gracious enough to remind me to do so and to offer to hold me accountable. :-)

Today...I started with Him but the rest of the day turned into fear and trembling as I found myself stressed beyond belief at the fact that I could no longer find my desk for all the work on top of it. So, by 2pm I was calling my mother to say, "I hope that you will understand when I say, I can't help you with swimming the rest of the week." Last night was our first night at the pool in Rockmart and I had a very hard time focusing on teaching those kids well. I was too busy worrying about the work I had left undone that was waiting for me this morning. So, thankful she understood and I am so grateful to have this time over the next few weeks to work and then hit the gym or whatever I find to help me calm down after a long day. After work today I spent about an hour at Ross and then another hour at Wal-Mart looking for cheap sales on clothes....not because I needed anything but because it was a good outlet for me. Tomorrow....it will be back to the gym.

All this to say....pray, pray and PRAY!!!! I need them more than ever now. I also promise to start having more upbeat posts soon. As Mandi said....reading happy posts makes you feel happy so the last thing I want to do is make each of you feel sad, depressed and pity for me.

I'm seriously considering going to bed....is 8:15pm too early for that?

1 comment:

April said...

it's NEVER to early to go to bed dude! Sleep is good, sleep is our friend.

I am so sorry that things haven't gotten sorted out at work yet. I am glad that your mom was understanding of your need to focus on your work. LOVE YOU!