I have been considering this kind of post for WEEKS and possibly MONTHS but I have held off because I fear who will read it and who it will get back to but I also fear that I can't keep my thoughts in much longer. Here goes....
MY MOTHER IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!
How does every phone conversation turn into WWIII??? Why is everything I do/say wrong? What is the reason behind putting everything off until I'm "off work to help"?? I really don't understand how things can be "great" for so long and then you wake up one day and every day there after and things are never the same again. I miss not dreading those daily phone calls.....I miss the times when I didn't ignore her phone calls some times just because I didn't want to talk to her or be sent on another errand.
It's all just hard and I'm ready for things to settle down again. Ideally I would love things to settle down to the point that I could sit down with my mom, like I have for years, and have this casual conversation about wanting to move out without it causing an all out war.
For those of you reading this that may need reassuring.....I love my mother...I do, but it is very hard to live with her right now. I am at my wits end and am seriously considering going back to counseling to sort some issues out before even considering having the moving out talk.
So, here's the thing....have I really reached the point where I can't live at home anymore or have a reached some unspoken hormone level that I need to have fixed as soon as possible? Have my mom and I reached a phase of life that will never pass or never get better but only get hard with time??
I am trying so hard to stay the course and rely on God for strength but Satan is attacking that plan at every turn and I feel so helpless and lost.
5 comments:
I know you love your mom. We all love our mothers, but there are times when they drive us crazy!
Try not to feel too bad, and I'll pray for common ground and loving support to arise in this situation.
You know, it's been a long time since we went out for a girls' night....
Yes, I was just mentioning to April the other night about a girl's night....it is definitely time for that.
Thanks for your encouragement.
Vickie, it's totally normal to be at a point of wanting to move out at this time in your life. I actually really believe that it will help the relationship with your mom heal more. I'll be praying that the Lord gives you wisdom on the appropriate way to address this issue with her. Keep your eyes on Him!
Thanks Mandi H. You have always been good at encouraging me.
So...I guess now I have an even bigger reason to come visit you. I miss you!
I love you girl. I will definitely be praying for you and your mom. I know that's hard.
Post a Comment