Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday thoughts

-Last night I had planned to blog some thoughts but from the time I got home MY TIME was not MY OWN. It was just me and the Daddy at home but my time at home and been preplanned for me before I even arrived. I hadn't even walked in the door good and I am knocked down by the overwhelming smell of salmon cooking. It tasted good in the end but that first smell could have killed someone. I rounded the corner into the kitchen and realize that I am needed to make a salad.....so, I drop my bags and purse on the kitchen floor and pour a glass of wine before even proceeding to my room. Needless to say I was a little miffed that I couldn't get settled before orders were barked in my directions.

-We have been dog sitting for our dear friend Dr. Shaw who has spent the last 4-5 days in Spain (must be rough). So, last night she came back home and I took on the task of taking little Bonnie home. Before I left Mom, M and S arrived home from teaching swimming lessons and since Mom is getting a bad cold, she requested that I stop by the store and pick up a couple of different kinds of chicken noodle soup. Ok, I said, no problem. So, complete the puppy task and get the store when my Mom calls (she always thinks of something else) and asks for some crackers too. OK, no problem. I get home...."why did you buy these large cans of soup? I never buy these.....*sigh*.....thank you honey", was her reply. Why can't people just be grateful instead of pointing out flaws?

-I have been posting for weeks about my desire to move out or should I say complaining about wanting to move out. :-/ I am really sorry that I have put you all through that stage in my life....it has been rough. So, last week I had lunch with my friend Bekah at the house I have been hoping to move into and she started talking about how she is fed up with her job and how she can't find anything else around here. She then mentioned that if something didn't change that she would most likely be moving back home to Tifton in January. :-( I immediately felt a door shut in my face. I completely feel like God closed that door for a reason and due to my unstable mental and emotional state right now I think it's best. So, she comes over on Sunday night to play cards with my family and she gives them the same story she gave me a few days prior but now she is planning to move home in September. "Thank you Lord for directing my steps even if I am a little disappointed along the way."

-I NEED A GIRLS' NIGHT!!!! I need a night to dress up because I can, have a drink if I want to, enjoy some good food and good laughs and just kick back and relax with my gal pals. April, Mandi. I., Constance.....???? Anyone???

6 comments:

April said...

I take extra steps to ensure that when Seth comes home from work, he isn't walking into a second job. I like to know that he gets to unwind and rest for at least a little while before I ask anything out of him. I am sorry that you came home to rush hour last night :-(

That "why did you do this/that/the other" thing drives me crazy! Just say "thank you!"

I need a girls night. someone talk my husband into letting me have one :-)

Mandi said...

Yep, a girls' night sounds great! When???

Vickie said...

April - You leave Seth to me....I'll approach that subject tomorrow when I come over....if he is home and not playing b-ball.

I will take a girls' night any night. However...this week is already filling up. Maybe next week would be better?

April said...

I am holding you to that V. Umm, look am I crazy or did your blog look different an hour ago?

Vickie said...

I just changed it like 5 minutes ago. Do you like it?

April said...

I do it's very lovely! And now my mouth doesn't water for fresh fruit when I come to your blog!