.....so, if you have read April's post from last evening you will see that Simon did in fact get sick and I believe it was Cate who was sick right before I left this morning!!!!! Yikes!
I always seem to feel so helpless in situations such as last night because I never know what to do. Yes, I helped get Cate to sleep but other than that....I hadn't a clue how to help. I also always feel in the way whenever something unexpected happens like that. When I was suddenly wide awake this morning at 4:30am, I was thinking about how I could have just picked up my things and headed home at that point or even at the onset of the sickness....but honestly, what good would that have done. Yes, it would have relieved my dear friends of someone else to worry about and tend to but it would have abandoned them in their time of need. As Christians are we not called to bear one another's burdens?? Even if that means cleaning up after a sick little one or building on call in the middle of the night if you are needed to tend to the other kids??? I think so. I just pray that I was a help.....in some small way......and that I was able to help lighten the load just a tad.
God, please heal my sweet little Ingrams from this bug.....
2 comments:
You were a big help! I hope you don't get sick, and I am so sorry that you slept so badly. Yes, that was Cate being a little overly dramatic about throwing up this morning around 4:00-8:00.
Aww...bless her heart. I really don't think my sleeping had anything to do with the kids illness. For some reason I managed to be wired prior to rising instead of prior to going to bed. Weirdness.
Post a Comment