As you probably saw, my sista, Margaret, and I went to visit our friend Katie in Athens this past weekend and we had a blast. It was a packed weekend but lots of fun. I've never thought of myself as one to really enjoy Athens but I guess visiting when it's not game day makes a difference.
We spent our time going to the State Botanical Gardens, the Memorial Park (with a mini zoo) and a trip to downtown for shopping. I took lots of pictures but don't have time to post them right now. I will try to do so this evening sometime.
The weekend was also spent turning around a lot. Friday night on the way there, we took the wrong exit but lucky ended up at our destination. Saturday we got directions from google for a farmer's market but they turned out to be wrong so by the time we got there it was already closed!!!! I guess you could say I'm a master of turning around in the middle of the road now. LOL
The highlight of the trip for me was going to the used bookstore in downtown Athens where I was able to purchase two signed copies in the Jan Karon Mitford Series!!!!! I bought 5 other books but the autographed ones were the most exciting.
So, like I said....pictures to come soon.....and maybe I'll be going back sooner than later. We'll see.....
1 comment:
Yea! I am glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment