Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The downhill slide to the weekend....

Next to Sunday I think Wednesday is my favorite day of the week because it means I'm half way to the weekend and half way to a chance to rest up before a new week begins. Last weekend started with an unexpected outing to see Andrew Watson perform at The Nest on Broad Street. I had texted my friend Jonathan to see how his mom's surgery had gone and he in turn asked if I wanted to meet him at The Next for coffee.....so, of course, I agreed. I didn't know until I arrived that I would be staying to hear Andrew play. I think Andrew and I had met once before....amid our time working for Congress Gingrey. He played and sang well....and it brought back thoughts of wanting to learn how to play guitar. However, there is a problem with that thought process, for those of you who know me well. I don't own a guitar nor can I really justify buying one at this point. So, I guess it will continue to be a dream or maybe just a thought that will never be anything more. But I can still be a Facebook fan of Andrew Watson and the Army Hott. :-)

This weekend is one I'm looking forward to as well....Athens, GA, here I come!!!! Margaret and I are going to be spending yet another weekend of quality sister time together as we travel to Athens to spend the weekend with our friend Katie. She is the sister of our friend Jason, who we used to attend church with here in Rome. So, we are going to spend time with her. I'm pretty excited about it.....I haven't been to Athens very much and the times that I have it was with a million other screaming fans!!!!!

But....the weekend can't arrive before I have my weekly Wednesday Ingram time. It just wouldn't be a good week if I didn't have that time!

1 comment:

April said...

I generally like Wednesday as well. The weekend is in sight!