Monday, June 15, 2009

My life in one word.....

.....OVERWHELMED!

So, I'm not going to rehash the new job details, for you already know those. However, I must say one thing about that. I had my first training day at the law firm on Friday and after being there for an hour and a half I felt like my eyes were going to bug out of my head.....I mean there was so much information to take in. Everyone was really nice but as I sat and ate my lunch I was thinking to myself, "what in the world have I gotten myself into?"
This question led to the overwhelming feeling I had most of the weekend....that feeling you get when things change and you don't quite know how to adjust, that feeling you get when you go looking for a challenge and you actually find one, or that feeling you get when you doubt that you have the skills to tackle something new. Needless to say, I was terrified this weekend. I went from being so excited that I could scream from the highest point in the 7 Hills to being so scared that...well....I could scream from the highest....point....in the 7 Hills. LOL! I kept thinking about all those client files that I would be dealing with and all of those beginning details that my new co-workers told me on Friday and I was so scared that I almost couldn't breathe!
But today I have worked all day....mostly alone....trying to finalize/organize things here for the unsuspecting person who will take my place and as a result I feel better. Or maybe it was my boss telling me that she wanted to get everyone together to take me to lunch on Friday.....I mean who can pass up a free lunch, right??

**Beware of shameless plug** My mom starts teaching several weeks of swimming lessons today in Cedartown, Lindale and Rome.....if you or anyone you know is interested let me know. I know she would love to have your children and is willing to work with anyone (6 months-adults).

**EDIT** Oh yeah....she is teaching in Rockmart too!

2 comments:

April said...

So sorry you are feeling overwhelmed! I know you will do great at your new job but like anything it is a change that will take some getting used to. I am so excited for you!

I will pass along the swimming lesson info to some folks. I have had several people stop in front of our house and ask about the lessons. I tell them all the same thing "somewhere in Cedartown, Lindale, and Rome...I don't know how much you have to call the number, that's my landlord...no I don't know EXACTLY where in Cedartown, sorry"

Constance said...

Wow! Sorry you are feeling overwhelmed right now! New situations do that to some of us! I can't imagine how terrifying it must be to start a job like that. You will do well though I am sure.