Monday, June 8, 2009

For everything there is a season....

So...it's official....I turned in my resignation this morning.  *sniff, sniff*  It is a rather bittersweet day...one that will probably not be as hard as my last day here (June 18th).  I have enjoyed being part of the Floyd family but God has revealed that another season has come and another journey awaits my attention.  I feel so blessed....but yet sad to be leaving all that I have known for the last 4 years.  But I guess that's where the beauty of cell phones and email comes in handy.  :-)  

Last week, I travelled to TN for a biblical worldview conference where I served as a counselor.  I enjoyed my time there despite the girls I was in charge of trying to push the line on the dress code. Then Saturday morning I got up at 5am to catch a 7am flight down to the Pensacola area where a dear friend was married.  Her husband recently graduated from West Point so they several military men in the wedding and had the little sword bridge entrance to the reception where they shared their "first kiss" instead of doing it in the actual ceremony.  :-\  All in all it was a great wedding but it was such a fast weekend. 

Also last week, I learned that a guy that I "dated" back in college found out that his cancer is back.  It has been in remission for 2 years or so and tests revealed last week that it had returned.  He and his wife celebrated their one year anniversary this past weekend so it was a bittersweet time for them.  Please pray for the next stage of treatment.  They said that the first go round gave him all the radiation that one person should have in a lifetime.  :-(  

Well....back to work.....Happy Anniversary to my dear Seth and April.  May you celebrate many more years and have a babysitter every time. :-)  

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Wow! I can't wait to hear about the next journey in your life. I'm glad you enjoyed the conference and wedding, and I'm glad you made it home safely from all that travel.
I'm so sorry about your friend's cancer. The second time around with cancer is really, really difficult.

Mandi said...

It was so good to see you at my shower! I look forward to having more time to catch up soon. I am so excited for this new phase of life that you are entering into! May the Lord richly bless you through this new job.