First, let me start by saying thank you to all who have been praying for me this last week or so. Life is just hard and I have been dealing with a lot.....much like many of you. Quite honestly, I think growing pains suck. But the way I see it is that God never gives us more than we can handle and in the process He grows us in ways that, while they may hurt at the time, make us well rounded and better children of His grace.
Second, I feel I should apologize for unnecessary comments that did not help edify anyone. I have been beyond frustrated with a few people in my life but that doesn't mean that I should talk ill of them when the true remains that I love them and care for them despite any flaws that we may have.
Now on to the reason for this post......the last few days, I have been a part of seeing something old become new. I have worked until I cried (I tried not to get any tears in the trim paint or on the new floor..LOL) and I have cried out to God for patience and peace over releasing something that I once called home. It amazed me that no matter how hard I cried or how frustrated I got, God reminded me that releasing our home to the hands of others wasn't painful but rather something beautiful....something that should be seen as joy rather than heartache.
Monday I worked all day painting, cleaning, etc, Tuesday I ended up at the house finishing up trim until about 11pm and then yesterday I went back to my old home after work where I was relieved to see the Uhaul truck sitting the driveway. I think I almost lost it when I walked in the house to see someone else's stuff everywhere. I was so blessed to see that the hardwork of so many people had paid off to provide a roof over the heads of friends I love.
When April and I got back to the house after loading up more stuff from their old house, we brought the kids into the house and I watched as they began to investigate their new space. I suddenly started remembering things of my childhood. I remembered curling up in the old rocker (as Simon did last evening), calling the kitty cat, and taking baths with the siblings. :-)
So....here's to the new memories to be made, to the old memories relived, and to God's reminder of how we are to help and serve others through acts of love.
**NOTE** Happy birthday to my 22 year old baby sister, Margaret.....and cutie, adorable Rosemary!!!! Love y'all!
1 comment:
My parents bought a house just before my second birthday, and I lived there until I left for college. They sold the house when I was 22, and it was hard for me because it seemed like no matter where I went or what I did, that would always be my "home to come home to", and now strangers live there.
Happy birthday to Margaret!!
Post a Comment