If I had to pick one thing on this big, wide creation created by our Lord as my favorite it would definitely be the sunrise each day. I have taken pictures of sunrises in various places (no this isn't my photograph) and each time I am reminded that with each sunrise comes a new day, a new opportunity to serve. It also reminds me that we all have the opportunity to try new things, develop our personalities and skills, and grow in Him through our time with Him each day. No one sunrise is the same thus no two people are the same. We are all look at the world in different ways, we experience service to others in different realms, and we grow along our spiritual walk at different paces. I also find that with each sunrise I think on these things and wonder what opportunities lie ahead. The Lord recently revealed to me that I need only be still and wait for Him to do His will and work. That was so hard to hear at first because I have been seriously considering a life change for some time now. But when I realized that He had a bigger plan than I have for myself, I was at peace in waiting. BTW, I have heard from the attorney in Carrollton and there is currently no vacancy in staff but he still wants to meet me. So, that door isn't completely closed.....Is that the bigger plan? I don't know but I am going to enjoy each day He allows me to wake until He reveals the answer to me.
In other news....I need to let y'all in on a pet peeve of mine: bad manners. I tend to become irritated when I do something for someone (cook them dinner, clean without being asked, bring them a little gift just because, or offer to be with them during a hard time, etc.) and they feel the need to point out how I should have done things rather than simply appreciating the act of love. Just eat your dinner, say thank you, and offer suggestions later......be appreciative of the food itself and the hands that prepared it. Ugh....I guess I really can't get an a soapbox about this too much because I'm sure I'm just as guilty as anyone else. But there is a difference between being grateful or polite and seasoning the food before you've even tasted it. :-(
So...those are my thoughts for the day.....just as we should be grateful for each sunrise that brings a new day, I think we should be grateful for the things that others do for us even if we don't like it.
3 comments:
I'm sorry the job didn't work out... yet. I think a lot of people will sympathize with your pet peeve by the way. That is reallllly annoying!
I do a lot of things in poor taste, but I would never...NEVER not be grateful and appreciative of a free meal! I married an ingram though. Last night he came home and said "You know, I am just not really in the mood for greasy food" and he went to town to get himself something else to eat. I didn't think the fish was that greasy....
I married the only Ingram who can eat a meal without critiquing it. That's a good thing too, because I get discouraged easily.
I admire your ability to wait on God. I tend to take the opposite approach and say "Okay. Here's my plan. If it's not good with you, then throw something in my way."
Post a Comment