Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mother Nature....

....please make up your mind!!!!  
I have been complaining a lot lately about the weather and its inconsistancy.  I have a history of what I would call year round allergies and when the weather changes (like that of the last 24 hours) my allergies and sinus pressure takes a major turn.  I guess complaining shouldn't be part of the routine when it comes to this topic considering I probably have it great compared to some. However, it doesn't make for a happy person nor a very good work day ahead. :-(   I guess I need to work on my optimism. LOL!

In other news....Lord willing, I will be attending my first Catholic service on Saturday.  I have been feeling for quite some time that, while I may not completely agree with my dear friends, it is important to show my love for them in Christ by being at the Easter Vigil.  I am excited about going but I'm sure as the time draws near my nerves will arise as well. I worked my Saturday at the Pregnancy Center this past week with a lady who goes to St. Mary's and she was giving me some of the rundown of what to expect.  The nature of the high service (literugy, etc.) doesn't scare me, but rather the other things that I have no idea about.  But I'm sure it will be educational in some form or another and I will be able to celebrate with my friends as well.  


2 comments:

April said...

The thing about the Easter Vigil is that you will certainly NOT be the only Non-Catholic in the house! Lots of family and friends come out to witness the confirmations and baptisms that night, plus Bryn will be there to walk you through it if you sit by him, he knows what to do now! It's not hard to pick up on though. I did talk to your friend at the pregnancy center(is that Ballard's wife?) on Sunday morning and she told me that she knew you and worked with you on Saturday! She is a sweetheart!

Vickie said...

Yeah I know Bryn will be there....he and I have already discussed it.
Elizabeth is a sweetie....she knew exactly who I was talking about when I brought up going to St. Mary's. We talked for a long time about all of that.