Wednesday, April 15, 2009

How do you like my new look?


I have been trying to update my page for some time now but have been too lazy to do so.....*drum roll*......here it is.  It's small and minor is some ways but a new look nonetheless. So, give me some feedback.  

Now onto where I've been for the last week or so. Honestly, I feel like a little bit like Buzz Lightyear...."to infinity and beyond".  I have had all kinds fun adventures and chaos in the last week that I don't think I can justify any of it in a post so I will just hit some highlights.  
FRIDAY - ALL HAIL....the HAIL!  There was quite a bit of hail in our backyard....following the funnel cloud that passed through the area. Some of you may have seen the pictures I took of both events which I posted on Facebook but if not I will post them at the end of this play by play post. :-)  Oh and might I add that the funnel cloud did not come through our neighborhood...which is how I was able to take the picture so we were forturnate to not have any damage. 
SATURDAY/SUNDAY - I attended...and survived the Easter Vigil. When I say survived, I mean mentally. I was rather nervous going into the service as it was new to me in some form.  However, it was a beautiful service and I was pleased to be present for April and Seth's confirmation.  After the service we made our way down to the reception for the PARTY (around 9pm) and I gladly took a glass of white wine.  Then I had one of those "I better check my phone" thoughts and as I did I noticed that I had 4 missed calls from my mother.  :-(  As I reached for my glass of wine, I returned her call only to hear that I was needed in labor and delivery as one of the girls I counseled at the pregnancy center had gone into labor. So, I quickly made my goodbyes, sadly left my wine on the table (without taking the first sip) and flew to my car and then on to the hospital where I spent most of the next 24 hours.  I did end up staying in the waiting area and was not needed during delivery as originally thought. I also went home and slept for about 4 hours at one point but by the time I got home at 7pm on Easter Sunday I was so tired I was slirring my words and running into things. Kind of funny considering I hadn't had any alcohol!!!!  LOL!  Needless to say, I went straight to bed after taking a shower but have yet to catch up on my sleep. Oh yeah....the baby boy was born at 10:30 on Easter morning via C-section and everyone is doing well. 
MONDAY - I arrived at work to utter chaos as a tree had fallen over a power line a half a block from our office.....knocking out the phone line and disconnecting us from the hospital server.  So, we were without computer network and phones until 4pm.  It was a fabulous day and added some peace and quiet. LOL!  
The rest of the week has been normal and nothing notable to mention as yet.....but I'll keep you "posted".  Now on to the pictures..... 






 
April - I think I need some help figuring out how to upload my pictures in a better quality, okay chick?


5 comments:

Constance said...

Wow! That is one scary picture of the funnel cloud. I can sympathize with the power outage woes too. We were out of power literally all day monday! It sucks! I hope you have a much more sedate weekend this weekend!

Vickie said...

I plan on having a more sedate weekend.....I'll be house sitting, doing the Parkinson's walk in Cedartown, doing some painting at the Ingram's *new* house, and then just chillin' out!!! I'm looking forward to that.

April said...

I like the new look! Come over one day soon and we'll work on the picture thing. I can explain it, but I'd rather show you in person.

Vickie said...

I figure it will have to be next Wednesday before we can sit down and work on it....thanks for being willing. I like your new profile pic!

Mandi said...

I do like your new look! Very springy! :-) Give me a call sometime and let me know if you have some free time. Today is my last day of work, so I can work around your schedule.