Saturday, April 18, 2009

A cure needed yesterday and LOTS of paint on little sleep

Boy am I tired! It has been a LONG day and I'm not sure I can even comprehend/compose well enough to express the events that took place. So, I'll just give you the footnotes for now.

- (10am) Parkinson's Walk for Hope: lots of people, cool weather, old friends, great cause, and free entertainment that could be heard at our house while we painted - My grandfather (on my dad's side) died from Parkinson's and it was rather bittersweet to be walking for a cure that was needed yesterday and to be walking in memory of a man who I wish I had been able to keep longer in my life.

- (12noon) Painting marathon at the old house: fumes, visits from neighbors, new occupant lending a hand, and random positions - I have a hard time with paint fumes anyway but when it's added on top of my allergies it makes matters worse. Today was fun despite the labor intensiveness that comes with painting....Seth Ingram (our soon to be renter) came to help out with some painting and he did a fabulous job even if we did request that he put his height to good use and paint the ceilings. (sorry buddy!) I ended up painting closets most of the day and had to deal with ackward positions in reaching corners, ceilings, and edges. Needless to say I feel like I've pulled a muscle in my side and I've been complaining like an 80 year old since then.

- (830pm) Stewart's birthday dinner: steaks, asparagus, onions and baked potatoes - I can't believe that the now 20 year old boy that sat across the table from me tonight isn't still the 2 year old little boy with curls that I still picture. :-( He has grown into quite a fine young man and definitely adds spice/humor to my life.

Now....I'm going to try and sleep....that is if Ms. Kitty's puppy dogs don't wake me up at 230am again. Goodnight all.

No comments: