Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Where to begin....or pick up where I left off?

I have been contemplating getting back to blogging for quite some time now but I fear I have too much going through my clouded brain to even try to do this post justice.
Shortly after my last post I took off for my long awaited beach trip/college reunion, despite the prior medical scare, and was able to relax and not think about the life and work I had left behind truly for the first time ever. The whole trip was absolutely fabulous and needed in so many ways. I enjoyed every minute of it.....from the fabulous food to the cool Portuguese Man O War that I happened upon on the shore. The whole trip allowed for last minute decisions that left us with fun memories that I will never forget. I established new friendships and continued old ones......soaked up the sun and didn't get sunburned......ok, now I'm rambling. If you want to see pictures and have Facebook, feel free to take a look.
In the last week or so, I have started reading a book called One Month to Live by Kerry and Chris Shook. The book's goal is the take the reader through a 30 day trip of challenge, discovery, and soul-searching. You are supposed to go through the book in 30 days as if you have just been given the news that you have 30 days left to live and you are being given a chance to live your life differently in whatever way you think that might be. My schedule has been so crazy that I've started out rather slowly so instead of being on day 10 I'm only on day 8 but I am learning so much. While the book definitely has some theological and psychological flaws, it has been so good for me at this point in my life. I am going through things that I cannot even put on paper because I don't truly understand them yet, things that I am not yet ready to reveal, and things that I know are going to truly grow me as a person in Christ in the long run. So many times I fear the dreams that I have inside of me but then I remember that God did not give those dreams, hopes, and ambitions to me for no reason because "God...is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of....infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes." (Eph 3:20)
Got in prayers to spare....send them my way.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Sending prayers your way dear!

Vickie said...

Thanks Jess....maybe I can use them to work on post that don't ask for prayers all the time. LOL