Monday, February 16, 2009

"That really smarts"

That was what I told the dermatologist this morning as she was freezing a wart on the palm of my right hand.  It stung way more than they said it would.....or maybe I'm just a wimp when it comes to pain.  I went in thinking that they might suggest a treatment but I didn't expect them to do it today.  It was not a pleasant experience but it doesn't seem to keep me from posting. :-)  

Well, I have been away from here for the last week because I was up in Indiana for a biblical counseling conference and now I am fired up and ready to figure out how I can do more counseling than I already do.  I work once a month at the Pregnancy Center of Rome as a volunteer counselor but I am only counseling on the topic of pregnancy and life issues that will be affected by such.  I am definitely giving careful consideration and lots of prayer to how biblical counseling might fit into my life in the future.  Life is one big counseling scenerio so I won't lack for someone to counsel throughout my life. 

We have attended this conference for the last 4 years and upon going the first year we were housed with an older couple from the church and a girl from Canada stayed there with us. From the first day we have met them we have been great friends ever since. She is always shedding light on the Canadian ways of life.  This past week she gave us a few more phrases to ponder:

hydro = electricity
"Does the baby make strange?" = "Does me meet strangers well?"
Aye? = right?
pablum = baby formula

That is all I can think of for the moment but she is always saying funny things and making us think twice about how she phrases something. We do enjoy her so much....but wish she lived closer!  

Well....those are my random thoughts for the moment.....maybe I'll get around to posting some pictures from the trip later tonight. 

No comments: