Yesterday felt like an eternity simply because I was not in the mood to work. Once I "finished" the final file I was working on for next Friday's hearings (we have 3 in one day....on Good Friday), I think I kind of went on vacation mode. Not really sure what happened but it's like I took one look at the work piling up on my desk and on the floor and said "I know this needs to be caught up on but I'm tired...I need a break." Since then I have worked on getting some things done but I'm still not excited about it. So, about 2:00 my mom calls to say that she is on her way to see me and needs me to meet her in the parking deck outside our office....she had something for me. Now, typically when I hear those words you never know what that means. One of the last times she said that she brought me a vase of fake daisies to my office in Rockmart with a note that said "Daisies are the friendliest flowers." (Anyone who has seen You've Got Mail should get that quote.) About 2:30 she calls me again, giving me the signal to meet her in the parking lot. I go outside and through the window I see a lovely bouquet of white daisies!!! Talk about making my day....I was happy and my office looks happy too. Here is a picture of such: (Notice the same kind of note as before)
Then last night I got home and helped finished getting dinner on the table....about the time I was serving plates Dad and Stewart went outside to see the cat show. One of our cats had corner a mouse....somewhat larger in size but completely innocent looking. Pumpkin had chased it from the side of the house and cornered in on the front porch. OH joy! So, while our food started getting cold I went outside to see this sight.....it wasn't until after dinner, after barking orders that "Your dinner is getting cold", that I went back outside with my camera and this is what I found.

I took a few short videos of the cat playing with the mouse....before cracking it's skull (no I didn't have the nerve to get that on tape). However, I can't seem to load those on here....perhaps I'll do that on Facebook tonight.
Well...I really have to get some work done...UGH!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment