Does anyone else go through cycles where something you claim as a "favorite" changes? Like that favorite coffee cup? Or a pair of pajama pants? Or a favorite bible verse? Well for me all of the above seems to change on a weekly basis....and this week my new favorite verse has been Prov. 14:15 "The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives though to his steps." It short, simple and to the point. If we all gave more thought to our steps then maybe we wouldn't act so foolishly at times. But I guess that's where God's grace and mercy comes in, right?
A few side notes from this week -
1. Rule #1 when working in an office.....NEVER, NEVER, NEVER microwave fish for lunch. You potentially make more enemies than friends that way. IF you must bring fish, eat it cold or eat it outside!!!!
2. Rule #1 1/2 of working in an office.....don't cover up with the fish smell with LYSOL!!! Not unless you want to your co-workers to gag.
3. The worst part about being someone with year-round allergy issues is that you don't really know when it's going to hit. If I just suffered from it once or twice a year then I could prepare myself and be warned but this way I don't have a warning for waking up and feeling like my nose is 10 times it's normal size.
4. Today is my dad's birthday......66 years of life and still kicking. Today he is keeping the grandsons and tonight we are going to dinner at Longhorn's!!!!
Now if you'll excuse me....I her a cup of green tea and a box of tissues calling my name.....
5 comments:
ewww! Fish/lysol combo sounds horrible!
Wow...I think fish is yummy, but bringing it to work seems like a bad idea. lol
I love that verse :)
Yeah the smell was horrible....and I love fish too but it really made me not want to eat it for awhile.
Yucky. That sounds much stinkier than burnt popcorn.
The Bible is great because different things jump out at you each time you read it. You might have read a particular verse in passing dozens of times, and then one day it seems like it is God's special message just for you.
I so know the smell............and it is to say the lest horrific! I can't imagine adding lysol to it :)
I do like the verse though ;)
Post a Comment