The conference part of the weekend no longer takes place due to funding but the dance goes on as planned. This was the first time that I have gone over for those festivities and not attended the ball. It was bittersweet but at the same time I knew that if I attended the ball that I would miss out on catching up with some of my "family". Years ago, when we first started attending the conference, we met the Rockett family and I soon met their daughter Lacey who soon became one of the best friends I've had. So, her family has become like my second family and I love them. Then Saturday night I ended up visiting with some of their older children that no longer attend the ball and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Sadly I didn't take any pictures but maybe I can get our hostess from the weekend to send me a picture or two that she took on Sunday afternoon and sadly I wasn't able to speak to or visit with everyone that I wanted to. It seemed like a long trip but was over in a second at the same time.
Then yesterday I went back to work, worked out after work and then got a strange phone call. My sister, Marie, called me to say that she was sitting in the ER waiting room with my oldest nephew, Ezra. Apparantly he had been complaining of pain in his stomach region for 3+ hours and screaming/crying for 30 minutes straight at a couple of different points along the way. So, I go to the ER to see them.....give my nephew a hug....you know be the good, attentive aunt. He looks white as a sheet but is playing with his action figures like nothing is wrong. I finally decide that I can't sit around and wait with them as that would be almost pointless....so I go home. Then about 10:00 last night my mom calls to check on him and my sister says that while they were checking him out they found a cricket in the bend of his ear that they couldn't get out.....not to mention that the reason for his stomach pains was due to him being "backed up". I don't know what it is about little boys and not wanting to use the bathroom properly. So, I spent most of the time before going to bed walking around the house saying "A cricket? Really?" I laughed so hard.....poor guy......he won't be able to live this one down.
3 comments:
OH MY GOSH! Poor Ezra! Poor MARIE! Now SHE will never be able to live that one down! Moms take the blame for everything wrong with a kid.
I cricket in his ear? Really?
Luke also has problems using the potty in a timely manner. Silly boys!
I am glad that you and Margaret had a nice trip. :-)
I think that is the first time I've heard of a cricket getting stuck in a kids ear. I've heard moths and spiders and other insects, but a cricket?! Poor kid! I'm glad you had a good trip and had such a good time too!
Post a Comment