Thursday, April 23, 2009

Old friend....new memories

Any time I get the chance to spend time with someone I haven't seen in awhile, I usually jump at the chance and tend to anticipate that meeting/outing. Well, I have been telling this particular friend that when he returns home from his deployment and comes to Cedartown to visit his family that he and I should catch up.  We haven't seen each other in a year or more and we haven't really kept in touch a lot over the years.  Our families have known each other for years but we have floated in and out of each other's lives over the last 5-6 years. 
So, yesterday I was excited to get a text from him saying I'll be in Cedartown for a few days, let's meet up.  We decided to do dinner at Zorba's (my favorite restaurant in Cedartown) and we ended up staying for 3+ hours. I so enjoyed catching up and learning more about this person that I've known most of my life and have never really known. We talked about everything from church, to relationships, to politics, to even the way of men and women.....every bit of it was fabulously entertaining and I learned so much.  Perhaps we will get to hang out again sometime....I mean Macon isn't that far away, right??

Random Thursday thoughts:

- Today is my dear mother's birthday!!!!  Since we are all stretched for cash and I'm not good at buying gifts in a timely fashion, my brother I thought it would be fun to give her a homemade sign that simply reads "You've just won....1,402 ROLLOVER MINUTES!  Happy Birthday - We love you!"  We have been working for months to stay within our minutes and when we added Stewart's cell phone we changed our plan so now we lots of wiggle room.

- Last night right before I went to bed, I went to get something out of my overnight bag and realized that my travel-sized shaving cream can had exploded in one of the side pockets.  I found myself laughing at the situation during the whole clean-up process. 

- This morning, as I was getting in my car, I noticed that my gas cap was open.....apparently the trespassers that Stewart thought he saw late last night thought they could get away with stealing some gas.....but I was relieved to start my car and find that not much, if any, had been taken. Maybe he scared them away when he went out to investigate last night. 

- Tomorrow....more painting.....Saturday....more painting.....maybe I'll just move into the tree house in the back yard of our old house until this project is complete.  That would be entertaining....I don't think the critters and I would get a long at all. 

1 comment:

April said...

I am so glad you got to catch up with your friend! Sounds fun!

LoL about the shaving cream, I don't know why it was funny, but it was!