However, the amazingly bad part was how quickly our evening of playing bridge turned into an evening of pointing out other's faults. I tried to politely state my case about an issue and I was perceived as being condesending. "Seriously?" was the thought that I went through my mind. I couldn't believe that I was being perceived as something so totally opposite of what I was intending. I suddenly felt inferior and that nothing I could ever say or do would meet the standards of someone who has a "my way or the highway" attitude. Am I missing something or am I living in a less than perfect world? Full of people who love the sound of their own voice or want everything to go their way??
Monday, February 2, 2009
The ugly downward spiral
I have always said that Sunday is the best day of the week.....I mean worshipping our King, resting in His grace, and relaxing from the hectic week makes my Sundays pretty cool. Yesterday was especially amazing, both good and bad. My family and I have been visiting a church that is about 1 1/2 hours from our house and while the drive is less than desirable the food that we are receiving from that church is amazing. On the way home from there yesterday I told my family that I felt like I was actually being fed for the first time since I was in college and attending Steve Wilkins church. It was so nice to come away from a church service and feel like you were on fire for the Lord as a result of the use of His servant in the church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Everyone does want things to go their way, some people just have a harder time reconciling the fact that it doesn't always work that way. I'm so sorry that your relaxing and lovely Sunday turned ugly. I hope it's all better now!
Well, what makes matters worse is when they don't realize that they are perceived as wanting things to go their way....and then that causes everyone else to seek that person's approval first before doing ANYTHING! I guess I have a new pet peeve.
Post a Comment