....with day 16 I realized that amid my 40 days of purpose also comes trials of various kinds.
Today I received a call from the Social Security hearing office to schedule a hearing for one of our clients for April 2nd.....no problem, I said. She called back 10 minutes later to schedule two more...also for April 2nd....PANIC ATTACK. "Umm, let me check with the attorney and I'll call you back." So here I go to talk to the attorney who seemed to ignore the fact that I was on the verge a small heart attack, offered no sympathy, and said, "well, that's what we are all about....let's get it done."
*NOTE* I am the one who does the chunk of the prep-work for these hearings....so no skin off his back, really. No need for him to panic.
So, I called her back noted the times for the hearings for that day....said, "thanks for calling" and "talk to you next time". As soon as I hung up the phone, I said, "Ok, Lord, here we go....this test (preparing for 4 hearings in 4 weeks) will either make me or break me....give me strength."
I guess I should start praying for lots of coffee....is that a bad thing?
No comments:
Post a Comment